In 1978 Tony Cervone and Charles Jezycki started a little experiment called Napa Youth Soccer League so that the area's young boys and girls can get some organized practices and games. While many things have changed in 40 years, Recreation Soccer remains one of the most popular and memorable events of our youth.
Registration for Fall Recreation is now open for the 2018 season
Some things to remember:
- This is for Fall Recreation Soccer which runs from mid-August to early-November
- Registration is open until May 31st.
- Anyone who wishes to register after May 31st will pay a late fee and be put on a waitlist and will not be guaranteed a team.
- If a waitlisted player does not get placed on a team, you will receive a full refund (less credit card processing)
- Registration is cut off after June 30th
- Initial teams will be formed early June and waitlisted players will be added during June to the best of our ability
- Recreation players are primarily put on teams based on the school they attend to attempt to have school friends play together.
- Practice location is not based on school option. Practice time, location, and day(s) of the week are determined by the volunteer coach and if you have a special need or request regarding practices you should potentially consider coaching to have more control over the practice schedule.
- NEW THIS YEAR: unfortunately, we are no longer able to honor coach requests. We will continue to allow friend requests and school requests to the best of our ability when forming teams.
- Special requests are treated on a first-come, first-serve basis
- We want to achieve as close to a 50/50 mix of younger and older players on each team within each age group (e.g. 5, 8-year old and 5, 9-year old players for U10)
- Coaches need to be determined before we place players on teams
- For this reason, it is extremely vital that we have enough coaches
- If you wish to volunteer as a coach or you know someone who would like to volunteer as a coach, please contact Peter Weber firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should be contacted approximately the first week of August by your coach welcoming your player to his or her new team!
- Games will be played primarily on Saturdays but to make better use of our field space and referee availability we will also have occassional games on Sunday
- Please note, the registration process requires many hours of volunteer work. To make this process more efficient, we welcome any volunteer help we can receive.
- Please be prepared to upload an image and birth certificate of your player. While this is not required for all ages, it will be more efficient for future registrations.
- FAMILY DISCOUNT: If you are registering more than one player in your family, you will receive a $20 discount on the 2nd (3rd + all additional children) registration fee. In order for the registration system to recognize that you are registering multiple players, please register all of your players at this time.
- Due to FIFA requirements, we are now required to ask for birthplace of participants. Please note, Napa United and Cal North Soccer does not use this information and consider it confidential.
- The cost of recreation soccer is $145 for U6 and U8 programs for one child during open enrollment.
- The cost of recreation soccer is $165 for U10 and above for one child during open enrollment.
- A $20 late fee will be assessed during the late registration period.
Last year we implemented a sponsorship program for recreation uniforms. It was very popular amongst the businesses that participated, and we are offering this again. Due to popularity of the program, we need all sponsors committed by May 1st. If you are interested in sponsoring a recreation team, please notify email@example.com.
Take Me to the Fall Recreation Registration Link