Sorry, we are passed the registration cut off date and no longer taking requests for registration.
Please stay tuned by following this website and social media for upcoming dates for camps/clinics.
Now in our 43rd year!
Here is everything you need to know (we hope) about Fall Recreation soccer:
- Fall Recreation soccer is made possible by local businesses who sponsor teams. These business partners help us keep our program as affordable as possible and have allowed us to provide soccer coming out of a pandemic. If you would like to sponsor a team, please reach out to email@example.com
- Our safety protocols have allowed us to provide soccer since June of 2020 and during the height of the pandemic. Our program follows California's safety protocols.
- Fall Recreation soccer begins in mid-August once volunteer coaches receive their rosters and schedule their practice days.
- Fall Recreation soccer teams are coached by volunteer parents, most without any prior soccer coaching experience; just parents who love to see their kids play and be a part of the joy soccer brings. If you want to volunteer to coach, please reach out to Tom Shutt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coaches will receive optional training from Senior Academy coaches. Coaches are also encouraged to take the introductioin to Grassroots soccer online course by US Soccer. The cost is $25 and takes approximately 2 hours and is well worth the time and money. Plus, a coach receives an official United States Soccer Coach Certification! This link will provide more info: https://www.ussoccer.com/coaching
- Fall Recreation soccer ends October 23 followed by a Boofest tournament on October 30-31. Boofest information will be distributed during the season and is not included in the registration cost. The fee for Boofest will be a nominal fee per player.
- There are either one or two practices a week and a game during the weekend.
- Practices times and locations are determined by the volunteer coach. A general rule of thumb is Tuesday & Thursday or Monday & Wednesday, 5:00-6:00 or 6:00-7:00.
- Games begin either August 21 or August 28 with Labor Day Weekend off.
- Teams are formed by birth year on a calendar basis, not age at the time of season, or by school calendar. Depending on when your child was born, they may not play with their classmates (e.g. a November-born player will be playing every other year with players from an older grade).
- Players must be registered with their birth year for the safety of all players. Players may not play down age groups.*
- When registering, you can request playing with a friend. Friend requests are not guaranteed.
- Anyone who is 4 years-old to 18 years-old can participate in Fall Recreation Soccer as long as we have players to form a team and a coach
- There is no late fee this year though roster spots are not guaranteed. The sooner you are registered the more likely your requests can be met and assigned to a team.
- If we cannot find a spot for your player, you will be fully refunded (less the credit card processing fee).
- Recreation players are primarily put on teams based on the school they attend to attempt to have school friends play together.
- You should be contacted approximately the first week of August by your coach welcoming your player to his or her new team!
- Please be prepared to upload an image and birth certificate of your player.
- FAMILY DISCOUNT: If you are registering more than one player in your family, you will receive a $20 discount on the 2nd registration fee. In order for the registration system to recognize that you are registering multiple players, please register all of your players at this time.
- Cost to register a child in Fall Recreation Soccer is $210.
- Every child will get two jerseys, a pair of shorts, and a pair of socks.
- We will also provide practice and game balls.
- Players are responsible for their own soccer cleats, shin guards, water, and sunscreen.
- Team managers are highly recommended to provide snacks after the game and to help communicate practice and game times for the coach.
*This is the single-most misunderstood requirement of assigning teams for recreation soccer and the most-commonly asked question we receive.
- Birth Year 2017-2016 = U6 Co-Ed
- Birth Year 2015-2014 = U8 Boys & Girls
- Birth Year 2013-2012 = U10 Boys & Girls
- Birth Year 2011-2010 = U12 Boys & Girls
- Birth Year 2009-2008 = U14 Boys & Girls
- Birth Year 2007-2006 = U16 Boys & Girls
- Birth Year 2005-2003 = U19 Boys & Girls
Sponsor a team. Sponsor your team! This very popular program allows teams to show off your business logo, with other perks! It also helps keep our fees down.
Due to the popularity of the program, we need all sponsors committed by May 31st. If you are interested in sponsoring a recreation team, please notify email@example.com.